Sunday, October 12, 2014

Red Heart Boutique Swanky Yarn Review!

Red Heart Boutique Swanky Yarn Review!

I was super lucky when I emailed Red Heart to see if they would donate a prize to my 4000 Fan Appreciation Event! They said absolutely and they asked me if I would like to review a few of their products - to which I said, yes! Most definitely!!

I received my Red Heart package full of awesomeballs! It was like Christmas morning!!


I set out to find projects to make using all of this amazing yarn and the first one I came upon was a previous Design Wars pattern by Sincerely Pam called Urban Glamour Slouch and Cowl that uses Red Heart Boutique Swanky and Soft Touch yarn - of which I have plenty!

The Swanky yarn was the one that I was most leary about using because I thought it would catch up on the yarn and my hook haha but I was so wrong! It wasn't an issue at all and it turned out beautifully! I did take a couple extra minutes to turn my hat inside out and 'push' most of the flecks to the outside of the hat after it was done - just to make as much of it stand out as possible!

I think Sincerely Pam's Urban Glamour Slouch pattern was the perfect pattern to use Swanky yarn with to test it out and see if it would 'catch'. There was only a couple times where I had to take more time than usual to yarn over and pull through and that was simply because of where the lil fleck happened to land on the yarn was I was pulling through - it was super easy to just slide it through and keep on going!

I used Red Heart Soft Touch in Black and White with Red Heart Swanky in Purple to create this amazingly comfortable and unique slouch hat and it only took me about 3.5 hrs total to work up!


  

I really enjoyed using this speciality yarn and would definitely use it again to add an extra flare or something special to make an 'ordinary' hat a lil more "swanky"! I also would be more inclined to try other yarns like it that have the added flare after trying out the Swanky yarn!!

Be sure to check out Red Heart Yarns website and your local retail stores to find this and other Red Heart products! Watch this space for my next reviews of the other products I received and check out my Facebook page; Forever Stitchin to see what other projects I am working on!


No comments:

Post a Comment