Sunday, November 9, 2014

Red Heart "Reflective" Yarn Review!


Red Heart "Reflective" Yarn Review!

Continuing with the reviews of the yarns I received from Red Heart Yarn, next is the incredibly awesome "Reflective" yarn! I loved making this hat so much I decided to go out right away and buy another color so I could make a matching hat! 

The yarn is super soft, works up easy peasy like any other yarn and it has the extra awesomeness of having a reflective strip!!

Without the flash, it looks like green:

But then when you flash light on it.. booya! It is reflective!

This yarn is going to be amazing for adding an extra 'protective' layer to keeping yourself and your kids safe in the cold, dark winter months! When it's dark at 4pm, knowing that my kids will be wearing this reflective yarn on their noodles is great so that while we're out enjoying the sledding or going for a walk with the dog - all of the cars going by will definitely be able to see them, just a little bit better, than without it!

For the hat shown, I used left over worsted weight charcoal yarn that I had in my odds and ends bin to go with the Reflective yarn! I didn't really use a pattern, I just did double crochet increase rounds to make it child sized, switched over to Reflective yarn for the sides of the hat and then I did a couple FPDC & BPDC rounds with worsted weight to finish it off! 

Be sure to check out Red Heart Yarns website and your local retail stores to find this and other Red Heart products! Watch this space for my next reviews of the other products I received and check out my Facebook page; Forever Stitchin to see what other projects I am working on!


No comments:

Post a Comment